Background

Friday 13 August 2010

Surfer Edwin experiment.

This card was inspired by, & based on a card I saw in the Magnolia magazine,
 but it took me a while to work out how to do it.
The photo below is the one I tried first. I placed Edwin on the right, then realised that he then hid the boat, so that's why I made the one above with him on the left. Personally, I think it looks more balanced with Edwin on the left.
I stamped Edwin directly onto the card front, marked where the nestability needed to go, then cut out the edge of Edwin & used the out of frame technique so that he stayed attached to the body of the card

Images coloured with watercolour pencils, Edwin was glazed with Anita's 3D gloss. Edge of aperture dabbed with ink, front of card sponged with ink.

Sentiment is Whiff of Joy. Edwin & beach scene are Magnolia stamps.

tfl & for any comments you may wish to leave.

4 comments:

Vicky said...

Noreen this card is simply fantastic!, love Edwin and the background image is fab.
Take care Vicky xx

coops said...

wow this is fantastic noreen,i love how you have the scene behind edwin.its brilliant.

xx coops xx

kay said...

noreen,this is fabulous,really effective,x

Jennifer said...

Fantastic card. Very detailed xx Jenny xx