Background

Monday 21 March 2011

Stitched Up!

I made this scrapbook page for a friend of mine for her 50th birthday. Angela made a scrapbook album for her Mum's 80th, so I thought it would be nice if she had a page for herself to remind her of some of our evenings. We and a group of friends meet regularly and have an evening of crafting, usually cross stitch, but some of us will also knit, quilt, do the mending, sew names into uniforms etc - or just put the world to rights lol. We always have a great evening, which also involves some refreshments & chatting too - hence the journalling which highlights some of the activities we enjoy as a group.
Journalling is stained with "Old Paper" distress ink and edged with a brown distress ink.

Both the photos were taken at our Christmas get togethers over the last 2 years, but I didn't want it to be a Christmas themed page, & because Angela is going on a celebratory Caribbean cruise soon, I wanted it to  include bright flowers.
I thought this was the ideal title for the page since it reflects how we all first met.
I cross stitched the title, then using backstitch, stitched it onto the page.
I used a sew easy tool to indent holes to sew through. I joined 2 different papers together, and I picked out 2 contrasting colours from the papers to tie the whole page together. (I love the brown Quick Quotes paper - it looks like the flowers on it are embossed)
I stitched around the outside of the flowers for added interest and to draw the page together further.
I cut around the flowers to overlap the photos - on the lower photo the flower is actually covering up an area where there were distracting areas on the photos (flare from lights)

tfl, and for any comments you may care to leave

6 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

This is fab Noreen, love the LO and stitching.

Donna x

gymjean said...

What a brillent idea Noreen beautiful page Hugs Jeanxx

Margarets designer cards said...

What a brilliant idea, and I am sure she will love it, how nice to meet up and craft.
Margaret

Faye said...

Oh those mahoosive flowers look just great and really add to the LO. Fab colours too. x

Alex said...

Wow, Noreen, this LO is fab! Love how you pulled everything together with the stitching everywhere!
Love, Alex

Lindsey said...

Hi Noreen, sorry it's been so long since my last visit. Wow what a layout! this is brilliant and I love the big flowers they look so good!
Linds x