Background

Sunday 9 January 2011

Oh, for a return to normality

Hi everyone, hope you're all ok. I had hoped that life would be returning to normal after the busy time around Christmas. I was very lucky & managed to buy a Cricut from that well known auction site, & bought SCAL to use with it last weekend. I have spent the last week, playing with SCAL, finding out how to use it, & working on making a card for my nephew's imminent birthdays.

On Friday though, I yet again ended up in A&E with my youngest. She fell onto the back of her head in the break during panto rehearsals. They were very quick to ring me & I got there quickly. She was very dazed, dizzy, nauseous, & naturally her head hurt. When I got her home, she crawled up the stairs as she was too dizzy to stand upright. She then told me she could see two of everything & didn't feel good - so I decided to play safe & off we went. On the way to the hospital she was drowsy, developed a dislike of lights & her speech sounded slurred. We had a very long wait (they were very busy), but when we were seen she also said her neck hurt! They debated immobilising her, but decided it wasn't necessary & she was finally discharged in the early hours. Since then she remains very tired, dizzy & nauseous at times & doesn't like the lights being on. She seems ok in herself, but really isn't well enough to go to school tomorrow, but I will also consult our GP. Having lost my Father when he had a severe head injury, & nearly losing my sister (as a teenager) following a head injury, it's something I am very wary about, & really don't like head injuries.

Anyway, onto the card I had originally planned to post at Christmas. I really liked the design of this card, & made several varaitions of this design.

Nesties die used to make a mask, Foliage Big & Juicy ink pad brayered through aperture of mask, SU stamp stamped through aperture (using stamp positioner), Matted onto gold mirror card, then onto card.
I deliberately wanted to keep the card free from embellishments to make it cheaper to post them!

Tfl, & for any comments you may care to leave.

6 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Noreen your card is absolutely beautiful,i love the design n colours.I am amazed they did not keep your daughter in over night for obs.No beds maybe ?
I do hope she will be ok.Take care hun.xxx

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

Oh! Noreen, not a good start to 2011 then.
And, yes get hold of your GP, like l do 'By the Neck'.
Bang'in ones head is not good, and worry'in.
Hope she'll be o.k. soon.
Take care.....! :)
Oh! yes love the card, hope it's a Catholic church......lol..! :0)

Vicky said...

Hiya Noreen and happy new year hun!

Ohhhhh not such a good start hun!!, your poor daughter, hope she is starting to feel a little better and she certainly had concussion. Surprised they didn't keep her in, no beds then :o(

Your card tonight is gorgeous sweetie!, love the image in the nestie and fab brayering too :o)

Take care and if your worried take her back to the hospital!

Hugs Vicky xx

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Noreen, sorry to hear about your daughter hope she is on the mend. Love your gorgeous card,very effective.

Donna x

coops said...

fantastic card noreen.the image is stunning and i love your brayering.
i hope you daughter is ok and soon feeling better.

xx coops xx

kay said...

hi noreen,its a gorgeous card and i loved mine,do hope your daughter is ok,x