Background

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Mojo returning?

 This is the card I made for a friendship swap on the DC site. I have not had any inspiration recently, but sat down and looked through a few things to see what struck me. I found some Clarity clever corner stamps that I had been playing around & practising with a while back, these then inspired me to try a black, white and another colour card, so I set to & found this image which I thought would lend itself to this theme.
I chopped the corners into squares, then matted them onto red card & found some red ribbon (from last years sale at Crafty Ribbons). I added an appropriate Greeting Farm sentiment (which, if I am honest also hides the adhesive under the centre of the ribbon), & punched it out with a circular SU punch, and matted onto red & white card cut with a scalloped SU punch
Image coloured with Promarkers. I have been looking at various tutorials on colouring with Promarkers, & am quite pleased with how the shadow turned out on the skirt, though I do need to practise more

Tfl, & also for any comments you may care to leave

5 comments:

♥Gemma♥ said...

Beautiful card and love the colour combo :o)
hugs and xxx

Faye said...

Awesome colouring and I love the red and black, very striking. xx

coops said...

gorgeous card noreen..i love the fab image and your colouring is great :D

xx coops xx

kay said...

noreen,this is superb and your colouring of the image is spot on,x

Lee said...

WOW.It's really stunning well done you.xx